Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Visit to an orphanage

A couple of weeks ago Kathrine and I went together with some friends to an orphanage. When we arrived we were welcomed with many happy faces and hugs from many at the same time. It was overwhelming because I had never been there before and still they welcomed me as an old friend. We had brought some flower seeds and the children got to plant them into containers. We wrote each of their names on a peace of tape and put it on their container. This way they can follow up their own flower.



Kathy watering the containers with flower seeds planted in, together with the children.

Angela read a book for them and the children also coloured some pictures. It seemed like they really enjoyed it.




I went to Kampala for a weekend to meet up with people and watch the movie “the last king of Scotland”. I felt that I couldn’t go back to Norway and say that I hadn’t watched the movie. After all it’s about the history of the country I’m in…

The other days we’ve followed the new work plan as told about earlier. The children are wonderful and it’s still interesting to go together with the health centre. Last time I got to weigh the pregnant woman that had come for check up. At BMC yesterday it was only two children, but the laughter to one of them while playing with a balloon really made it worth it. It’s not about how many but how/or if they enjoy! The days go by and before I know it we’ll be back in Norway and at Hald International Centre.

I would like to end this post by wishing all Hald students a good end of the stay. I look forward to meet all of you again.

Proverbs 4, 23; “Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life”

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Du er tatt av bloggetikken:)
Se pà bloggen min for mer informasjon.
Klem Silje i Peru

2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home